This video features a conference call held with LCN leadership and Local Center leaders to encourage pastors and church leaders during these challenging times.
Special thanks to David Nelms of The Timothy Initiative for sharing his top lessons learned during these last few months.
- The church is not a building. We may have known this before but we have not always acted like it.
- The church cannot be closed down.
- It is important to gather together.
- God’s people are very generous.
- Shepherding people is critical.
- No matter what you do or why you do it, you will still probably get criticized.
- Resist the temptation to play to your base. Seek God’s will in all you do.
- Much of what we were doing before the pandemic is not essential to making disciple-makers. Keep your calendar as free as possible so that you can invest your time into training disciple-makers.
- We may face another lockdown in the future. Prepare for that by planting missional communities, micro-churches and small groups that reproduce.
- This country is far more divided than I realized. America needs Jesus desperately. I want my biography to match my theology. We may be the only Jesus that some people see – we need to show Jesus to all those around us.
- Pastors are really creative.
- Shorter sermons are better sermons. Especially online.