This video features a conference call with LCN leadership and Local Center leaders to encourage pastors and church leaders during these challenging times.
Special thanks to Gene Mims of Gathering 840 in Franklin, Tennessee and LCN’s Nashville Local Center for sharing great encouragement.
Here are some of the key points and questions shared:
- What is your primary calling? As a pastor and leader, it is to make disciples. It isn’t to save people or sanctify them. We need to relationally engage people – give of ourselves so that they can give of themselves to make new disciples.
- Look at the early church. We have been reconciled to God and He has charged us with the ministry of reconciliation.
- We are ministers of reconciliation. We must help people be reconciled to God and thus reconciled to each other.
- It is easy for people to offer forgiveness to others without having any interest in reconciling with them.
- Don’t just preach the Gospel of forgiveness – preach the Gospel of reconciliation. The Gospel breaks down racial, socio-economic and gender barriers.
- When we reconcile people to a God who has been offended by our sin but is willing to forgive us, reconcile us and bring us back into the fold, it clears the way for us to do the same with each other.
- Racial reconciliation follows spiritual reconciliation.