The Big Picture
The Great Commission of Jesus found in Matthew 28:19-20 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
To make 1,000,000 new disciples by 2025 through a network of 10,000 local churches in 500 local centers.
* We plant and strengthen disciple-making churches.
* Local Center catalysts and pastors are the key to making 1M disciples.
* Coaching pastors and church planters is the the core of what we do.
* We believe that churches plant churches.
* We believe in all models of church.
* We believe that disciples make disciples who make disciples.
* Local Centers – We want to accomplish our mission through 10,000 local churches gathering in 500 local centers.
* Healthy Churches – We want to coach, resource, and network pastors to be more effective disciple-makers.
* Church Planting – We want to plant all models of churches locally, nationally, and internationally.
* Church Revitalization – We want to support struggling and dying churches to become revitalized and healthy.
How We are Doing?
* Disciples Made Nationally – 6,384
* Disciples Made Internationally – 82,048
* Churches Planted Nationally – 44
* Church Planted Internationally – 9,108
We are organizationally structured to operate on a local, regional, and central level. Here is what happens at each level:
* Coaches and Offers Training for LCN Members
* Provides Networking and Resources for LCN Members
* Plants and Funds Disciple-Makers and Church Planters
* Coaches and Guides Local Center leaders and LCN members
* Assesses and Trains potential church planters
* Provides Networking and Resources for Local Center leaders and LCN Members
* Provides Networking and Resources for Regional/Local Centers and LCN Members
* Provides Administrative and Financial support for Regional/Local Centers and LCN Members
* Provides Vision and Direction to the Organization
The Liberty Church Network (LCN), formerly known as the Liberty Baptist Fellowship and the Liberty Church Planting Network, was formed in 1981 under the direction of our founder, the late Dr. Jerry Falwell. The purpose of our organization was to train new pastors and plant new churches in the United States. In the first three decades, our organization planted nearly 1,000 US-based churches. This makes LCN one of the largest and oldest church planting networks in the country.
In addition to planting churches, we also endorsed military chaplains. We started doing this in 1982 under the name Liberty Baptist Fellowship. To find out more about Liberty Baptist Fellowship click here.