This video features a conference call held with LCN leadership and Local Center leaders about how pastors, leaders and followers of Christ should respond to racial justice issues.
Special thanks to Doug Randlett, LCN advisor and senior associate pastor of Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, VA, who shared great encouragement and insight on the wisdom and discernment we must seek from God.
Here are some of the key points and questions shared:
- Proverbs 3:13: “Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding (discernment).”
- What is your role in your ministry and in your family with regard to the days in which we live?
- Wisdom is God telling me what to do. Discernment is God telling me when and how to do it.
- Wisdom and discernment are always wrapped in the cloak of servant leadership.
- These are gifts that you can and should continue to develop.
- Surround yourself with those who complement and challenge you.
- What is the best way that the Gospel will be embraced by the community?